Friday, September 7, 2012

Peplum

Hello, everyone!






















I'm sure you've all heard about peplum! For the minority who hasn't: Peplum was created by Christian Dior in the 19th century and it's caracterized by a fitted waist to bring out the women's curves.
Well, Peplum is back from the 50's! If it was a big fashion hit this Summer, it will definitly stay to mark this winter. No more shapeless jackets, say hello to the femininity in Winter with Peplum jackets!
I personally love this kind of clothing (even though I have to be really careful with the fitted waist because I don't want my scoliosis to stand out)! It can give you a simple everyday look or a more formal look for Job Interviews for example. Check out the look I made in Polyvore (yes, I know, Polyvore again. I've been a lot at home lately so I don't get to present you one of my outfits. I thought Polyvore was a good way to present some outfit ideas to you!). In my opinion, this outfit is totally suitable for a job interview, specially if you're not a fan of those classic woman's formal suits and prefer a stylish one!


Job Interview


If you think this outfit can be a little expensive: think again!
You can find a similar Peplum top in Primark (for about 6€, I think), the skirt is a basic so it can be found in any clothing store for a good price. The shoes can be a little more expensive, but you should be able to find them at some store for around (or less than) 60€. In last resort you can always try ebay, where they cost around 40€...
The belt I added is supposed to be worn around your waist so the outfit won't be too plain. You can find it for 3€ on Primark!
And that's all!



16 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I love the pics but it is also so good to read interesting content. Great.
    Check out my post on Boyfriend Jeans, I advertised your blog. ;)

    Ivana
    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ivana. That means a lot to me <3

      Delete
  2. Peplum lover I have something for you dear girl!
    Check it out :)

    http://meteobeauty.blogspot.com/2012/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. I'll do a blog post about it whenever I get the chance <3

      Delete
  3. Obrigada! adorei o look*
    Theblackeffect.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the background history on the peplum - so interesting. it's definitely a classic silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice outfit.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gostei muito do look, provavelmente eu não o usaria, mas sem dúvida que é um clássico (: Muito bom gosto (;

    Visitem :D
    http://purelypink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks,for the follow,but I can't see your picture on my gfc tab???:-/
    Follow you back on gfc and bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. adore peplum and love these pieces! followed you in gfc, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetheart <3 I'll check your blog (:

      Delete
  9. Adoro peplum! Acho que fica maravilhoso. Como tenho a anca larga pensei que ia acentuar mais, mas assim que experimentei vi que estava enganada e ainda disfarça mais porque o peplum fica na cintura <3 adoro, sou fã!

    http://chicmaria.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adoro peplum mas não em mim :)

    Beijinho
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the post! And I think the outfit you created on polyvore is just stunning :) I would love it if you check out my blog!

    ~CC
    www.thattallgirl2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete